Most of the people out there like to start their day with a fresh cup of coffee or espresso and a nice cup of either of them makes their day. For many people, coffee acts like a kick start and a sip of coffee opens the mind and body and make them feel relaxed. Only an aficionado understands the importance of a perfect cup of espresso which has a welcoming aroma with a smooth textured of crema at the top of the cup. Now there are various coffee makers out there each promising a perfect cup of coffee but the most of them fall short on their promises and leave the users with a lukewarm coffee flavored milk or water. Now we would be discussing the most popular espresso maker brand known as the Nespresso. The espresso machines from Nespresso are quite popular and they stand firm on the promises they make.
We would be discussing and comparing about nespresso vertuo vs evoluo which are one of the best espresso machines by Nespresso. Well, these espresso machines are quite different from the other espresso machines in the regard that they use coffee capsules which are basically a single-serving coffee container instead of grinding the coffee beans and then retrieving the coffee grounds. The Nespresso coffee capsules are also quite different from other coffee capsules because they are manufactured using the perfect hand-picked coffee beans which are roasted to a light, medium or dark roast to present exquisite varieties. Well, to be really honest, filter coffee surely has its fans but Nespresso certainly surpasses most of the drip coffee maker with its quality, aroma, texture, and taste.
Comparison between Nespresso vertuo vs evoluo
The Nespresso Vertuo and Evoluo are the two most popular Nespresso espresso machines which are well known for their efficiency and ease of operation. Both of them uses the unique Nespresso capsules and selecting between nespressovertuo vs evoluo is like selecting between exotic coffee roasts which is surely quite a difficult task.
- The Nespresso Vertuo
This Nespresso machine is one of the earliest renowned models of espresso makers which hit the market in the year 2014. The coffee capsules are specially and uniquely designed to provide quality and variety. The capsule is uniquely brewed with a combined process of varying pressure and centrifugal force to make a dark smooth brew with a frothy and light cream on the top of it. The brewing process starts from a single push of the button when the pod is inserted and this espresso machine is designed to read the barcode of the coffee pods to determine the size of the pod so that it can make a perfect cup of espresso by determining the perfect amount of hot water and coffee grounds to be required.
What we like about it:
- The coffee pods are available in two sizes which provide the coffee lovers with versatility so that they can enjoy a perfect cup of coffee.
- The machine automatically ejects the used capsules to avoid the burning of the hands.
- There is a storage compartment in the machine which is used for the storage of the used capsules so that they can be recycled if you want to.
- The lid of the water tank gets opened easily so that you can fill the water tank for multiple cups of brewed espresso
- It includes a self-cleaning feature which flushes out the residue and the remaining coffee grounds.
What we dislike about it:
- The Vertuo capsules can only be recycled by the Nespresso Company so it will require time and effort for recycling.
- This machine is not compatible with the original line of Nespresso pods which provides a high-pressure brewing for a perfect cup of espresso.
- The biggest drawback is the nonadjustable temperature setting which many times leads to re-heating and there is no adjustable tray which leads to the spilling of the coffee.
- The Nespresso Evoluo
The Nespresso Evoluo is basically an evolution from its predecessor as the name suggests “Evoluo”. This Nespresso machine is basically an upgrade of the older models of Nespresso so that the complaints and drawbacks which existed in the older models were corrected in this model. It uses the technique known as Centrifusion to brew espresso by extracting the aromatic flavors without the bitterness. It provides with a perfect brew with a foamy crema at the top which avoids the necessity of milk frother. It also uses the coffee pods and employs the size recognition property to provide an exact ratio of water to coffee grounds.
What we like about it:
- The Evoluo machine provides with an automatic cleaning cycle which avoids unnecessary mess.
- Evoluo provides with a hotter espresso as compared to the Vertuo which required re-heating after some time.
- The crema of the espresso provided by Evoluo is much smoother and thicker as compared to the Vertuo.
- It provides an auto-eject feature and provides ample storage space for the coffee pods.
- The drip tray is very much adjustable and can accommodate all types of espresso cups without spilling of the coffee.
- The water lid is easily accessible and the storage of the water is larger as compared to Vertuo.
- The Evoluo can contain up to 17 used coffee pods and on the other hand, Vertuo can only contain 13 coffee pods at a single time.
What we dislike about it:
- This machine vibrates a lot when brewing a cup of espresso and the lighter mugs may get displaced off the adjustable tray which can make a total mess.
- Just like Vertuo this machine is not compatible with the original line of Nespresso coffee pods which provides with a high-pressure brewing experience.
- The crema of the espresso prepared by Evoluo may be quite thick for most of the users.
We have discussed everything about nespresso vertuo vs evoluo and to be honest, Evoluo is a better machine than Vertuo. The main reason behind this conclusion is that Vertuo is an older model and Evoluo is the latest model which was manufactured in the first place to counter the drawbacks which existed in the Vertuo machine. And basically, there are only two upgrades which exist in Nespresso Evoluo and those are adjustable drip tray and temperature regulation feature which might not be much but they were necessary for customer satisfaction and for making it a perfect Nespresso machine.…