Compressed air machineries for easier living
Compressed air has for years been adopted as an energy utility after water, gas, and electricity. However, it is an expensive utility when compared to the other utilities, but even more proficient in handling tasks and increasing productivity. An air compressor is a device that is used to convert power into pressurized energy using electric motor or diesel. It enables the change of low of pressure to high pressure. They are similar to the pumps in sense that you are able to comfortably add or increase the pressure on a liquid through a pipe.
An air compressor lubrication maintenance routine for the pumps can either be:
- Oil-lubricated pumps. In this kind of scenario, oil is splashed on the walls and bearings of the cylinder and when this happens, sometimes some little oil cannot avoid getting their way into the tank despite piston rings presence whose main role is to avoid any oil amounts from slipping away.
- Oil free pumps. Bearings and motor straining. re treated for lasting lubrication that requires little or no maintenance although they can be a bit noisier.
Compressed air machineries applications
- Food and beverage applications
In today’s food and drinks or rather beverages production equipment works with quality compressed air for reliable results that meet the quality mark of products standardization. High quality air compressors in most food and drinks applications are oil free with the sole purpose of protecting food and drinks from oil contamination. Air compressor machines facilitate movement of food and drinks filling movement through production line to move at high speed. Fluid pumps are therefore enabled to move liquid products through production lines as knives tend to peel certain vegetables and supplies. Sullair in the UK are some of the best air compressor machine distributors. In simpler terms, air compressors facilitate;
- Products packing
- Closing and checking devices
- Cooling and freezing products
- Filling drinks equipment
- Agriculture and farming
Compressed air machines play a big role when it comes to ensuring that farming operations are running smoothly and helping you reap the benefits that are associated with the practice. They are used for the following;
- Spraying crops
- Dairy machines powering
- Ventilation systems for glasshouse
- Grain and silo movement using conveyers
Air compressors simplify a lot of work in the manufacturing industries such as refineries, assembly plants and many more operations. They keep the work going by offering the following services;
- Running cutting and welding equipment
- Monitoring production
- Adjusting feed machinery
- Blowing plastic bottles and molded gas tanks
- Ejecting production molds pieces
- Packaging with pneumatic devices for carton stapling, fluidizing and liquid padding
- Sand blasting
- Metal finishing
- Operating automated machineries
- Pharmaceutical application
An air compressor in this application works by;
- Spraying coatings on pharmaceuticals
- Maintaining pressure in mixing tanks
- Moving products on conveyer setups
- Bottling products and packaging
- Energy Exploration
Air compressors help minimize repair and maintenance costs in energy industry the following;
- Powering pneumatic tools in both onshore and offshore operations
- Insertion and withdrawal of reactor rods
- Power ventilation systems for boiler houses
- Controlling valves in both steam and coolants
Some more uses of air compressor machines include the following;
- Oxygen delivery. This is usually applicable to scuba divers who use air compressors in their diving equipment for oxygen provision while they are deep down underwater.
- Used by air conditioners which serve the purpose of cooling air by acting as the main source of power
- Oxygen delivery to patients in hospitals.
- They are also designed to serve the purpose of heating and cooling vehicle systems.
- They are used to run roller coasters and fountains in theme parks for attraction and fun.
- Control braking systems for both transport trucks and trains.
- Used for chilling air in refrigerators and freezers units.
Factors to consider when acquiring air compressors
For one to get the best air compressor for their specific needs, it is good to consider a number of things so that you are able to purchase the right one, because they happen to have wide range of tools and applications. These are some of the guiding factors that you should into consideration when it comes to acquiring an air compressor from dealers like Sullair in the UK;
- The equipment to be powered requirements. Depending on the equipment to be powered requirements or specifications, air compressors work best when used on equipment that are suitably designed for their wide range high performance.
- Understanding the types of compressors available. There is a variety of types of compressors available. It’s important to get to know and understand what type of air compressor does what and all the specifications that each one of them has and the types of environments under which they perform. Some air compressor machineries types are pitson and rotary screw among other types. Looking at specifications such as horsepower and Cubic feet per minute will you understand specifically the type of air compressor that is set to meet your expectations and demands for that matter?
- Air compressors exist in different sizes. It is therefore wise to consider what size works best for your convenience at the same time meeting your other performance expectations.
- Power source. This is another factor on the list that cannot go ignored. The source of the power to operate the air compressor is yet another important factor to put into consideration
Benefits of using compressed air machinery
Compressed air machinery serves the following benefits;
- They are easy to use. Air tools are compact and light and their design allows long hours of use without fatigue.
- Air compressors are more reliable because they do not have much moving parts which tend to require maximum maintenance, and therefore just keep on going.
- They are economical. Air tools consume less electricity which makes them more applicable in most industrial uses. They are also less likely to attract thieves compared to other power standard tools.
Increased productivity. Air tools work efficiently in handling tasks within an industrial setup.